How To Buy A Fragrance Online
. What Are You Looking For From Your Fragrance?
2. How You Normally Like To Wear Your Fragrance?
Types of Fragrances
Shopping for fragrance can be complex. Alongside the unique mixture of scented notes, you might have noticed a difference in labelling and alongside that, a significant difference in price. The French terms used to describe different types of perfume are universal. Both Eau de Toilette and Eau de Parfum have precise and specific meanings that are incredibly useful to understand. Uncovering the defining features of both can have a significant bearing on both the intensity of your favourite fragrance and the impact on your budget.
3. How To Make Your Fragrance Last Longer
- As tempted as you may be to spritz on your wrists and rub together, do try and resist as the action of pressing your skin together can crush the notes of your fragrance, causing your top notes to evaporate more quickly. Simply spritz, then allow the fragrance to settle for the true complexity of the scent to meld together.
- Apply your fragrance on your pulse points, the areas of the body where veins flow closer to the skin therefore emit more heat, allowing the fragrance to sing and develop faster. Wrists, behind the top of the ear, backs of the knees and inside of your elbow are all ideal hot spots.
- Moisturise, moisturise, moisturise! Did you know, fragrances evaporate quicker on drier skins? Therefore, keep your skin lovely and hydrated with a rich body lotion in either a neutral scent for longevity, one in a matching scent for increased intensity, or even a complimentary scent for your own custom blend which brings me onto my final point…
4. Add Your Own Individual Spin On Your Fragrance
A similar effect can also be achieved by spritzing two different fragrances on top of each other, but we find that the moisturiser layer brings a beautiful softness and grounding to your unique combination. Our favourite fragrance layering discoveries from our ranges are below:
- To add some sweetness to your sensuality, try our velvety Almond Milk Concentrate.
- Have you discovered a favourite combination of your own? Let us know! Share your secret to Instagram and tag us at @loccitane_sa