1. Go to sleep and wake up at the same time every day.
2. Do regular, balanced exercise during the day like yoga or swimming.
3. Meditate for 10 minutes during the day or before bed to settle your mind.
4. At the end of the day, take a hot shower or bath to relax your muscles and let go of stress.
5. Eat light, non-spicy food for dinner.
6. Keep a diary to leave the cares of the day on the page.
7. Give yourself a gentle hand, foot or neck massage to release built up tension.
8. Read well-loved passages from your favourite novels or poetry before sleep to put your mind at ease.
9. Spritz your pillow with a mist of essential oils which induce relaxation.
10. Create a before-bed routine such as a breathing exercises, listening to soothing music or taking a minute to reflect on what you are grateful for. Your body will come to recognise this as the signal for sleep.